Thursday 21 January 2021

#1 LogBook: Embrace the Suck

 

Wednesday 20 January 2021

Embrace it, there ain't nothin’ else to do. This is going to be some craic, one way or another.  Deep breaths “...in...oot...in...oot...” Grand, the mind is settled, embrace the suck, embrace the many things, okay, embrace the two things.  Let's pretend there are just two things, keep the reader with us, don’t burn them out with all the nonsense, well not at the start anyway.

I’ve always written from under a shadow, a mental shadow, not that kind, not the dark dog kind.  No the shadow, my shadow is neurological, one that pulses through the brain's circuitry, I have dyslexia.  Or might I say, that the effects of the said brain circuitry have assumed the title dyslexia. It is a harsh word, it really is, perhaps too many strong consonants? The shadow is the clanger, and I’ve always got the capacity for a clanger.  It is the kind of thing, if printed, or if written down, the thing that is put into the public’s gaze, and then actually noticed, it is the thing you’ll never live down.  It looks okay when I write it, it sounds okay when I read it, the good old grey matter rehashes the garbled gibberish into the exquisite, the problem is that the good old grey matter keeps the good stuff to itself, it doesn’t share it round the other folk, the reader, you good people just get the auld gibberish. I digress, there are two levels, the incomprehensible and the nearly.  The incomprehensible isn’t so bad, it just gets discounted out of hand, the nearly is the clanger, the nearly is the not at all, the nearly is you wish you hadn’t bothered.

The second bit is the auld tum-tum, the lock down hasn’t been kind. It is a paradox, in December I did 3.5k press ups, not at once just in case you thought that, you probably didn’t, it was a wee challenge spread over the month, you know the auld lockdown, I’m not sure if you’ve noticed it or not. I’m lifting more weights, more often, and more heavy than I’ve done in years.  But the auld tum-tum doesn’t lie, all 103cm of it, all 13st 13ld, this might be wishful thinking, but it should be lingering around 12 ½, okay below 12 ½, near 12-3 to be honest. The auld lock down hasn’t been kind, did I mention that? A bit to much time to cook to much, to eat to much, a bit to much time because your stuck inside, with the fields that you walked in the last lock down, feeling under foot like there have been 40 days and 40 nights of rain. So I need to go radical. Vegan...no. Veggie...no. Something...yes. 

This blog, so far as it is meant to be dear reader, is my blog about losing weight. That might be tempting fait, you know, three months done the line and success is not slipping into the 15s on the auld scales, even if you do you could just dial it back a couple of pounds. Anyhow I’ve started, and I just wanted to get my excuses in first, just in case the odd clanger slips through the text to speech.

****

Today went well, this is the evening, but tea was a sad experience.  I cooked butcher burgers for the others, and I cooked for myself meat free chile con carne with boiled rice. It was grand, if everyone ate it I wouldn’t have noticed. The battle is the grey stuff, the evidence is in the auld tum-tum. I’m a bit hungry, normally I’d eat a little something before bed, but I haven’t.


* "embrace the suck" isn't my saying, I looked it up on the net to try and find an original source but couldn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment